by admin | Apr 27, 2019 | Entrepreneurship, Faith
How Women CAN Save $500-1000 A Month
Are you tired of your money telling you where it’s going instead of YOU telling your money where to go? Have you ever been out of money for the month but there was still several days in the month left? How about needing a down payment for a home or car but you are challenged because you just don’t have it? Realize that YOU are the one in charge of your money, not your money in charge of you!
Saving money is not only a science but it is also a discipline. Once you reach that first milestone then you will be encouraged to save even bigger and better. Often times, to start saving may be painful but I promise you that it will get easier as you go along. Consider the following tips to help you reach your goal:
- Make a firm decision to do it. Regardless of how crazy it may sound, set your goal to $500-$1000.
Change your mindset from I CAN’T SAVE to I CAN SAVE!
Print out a picture of what you’re saving for like a home, car, vacation, retirement, etc. Post it where you can see it regularly. It will keep you motivated.
Don’t worry about how far away you may be from your goal but just START RIGHT WHERE YOU ARE! Make a list of all of the possible avenues where you can first find money, i.e. sofa cushions, old purses/wallets, your car, stored pennies/change, drawers, etc. Gather it together into one place (ie) jar, coffee can, etc. Make this is your starting point.
Decide on a hiding place to put your savings. It can be a separate bank account or an out of the way shoe box. Wherever you choose, make sure it’s a place where you’re not tempted to touch it.
Now make a list of of your weekly expenditures. Don’t leave anything out especially morning coffee, lunch, snack machines, eating out, entertainment, bank charges, late charges, automatic debits, gasoline, etc.
Meditate on the list. Where do you see changes that can be made? What expenses can you get rid of or minimize?
Contingent on the spending changes you can make and your expenses that you have chosen to minimize, make your step-by-step plan of ATTACK!
This step is my favorite. SELL, SELL, SELL! Sell things that you are not using. Things in storage, in the garage, in your closet, the children’s closet, unwanted gifts, etc. Feel free to make Ebay, Craigslist, yard sales, and other selling venues your best friend. Now let’s bring in extra money!
Return items to the store for a refund that you haven’t used. You will be surprised at how much money this tip accumulates.
Resist the temptation to spend your tax refund. If you normally have a sizable refund, adjust your withholding and make the extra money part of your monthly saving program.
Here’s a quick list of additional temptations to avoid: eating out, Starbucks, extra add-ons to your cable subscription, regular shopping mall visits, nail & hair salons, expensive gift giving, impulse purchases, and pricey entertainment.
Remain faithful to yourself and your goal. Remember this is all about you for YOU!
Remember…Rome wasn’t built in a day but it was built step by step and piece by piece. If you stick with your savings goal, you too will be successful.
Cheryl Lynn Smith
IMpowerment & INcrease INnovator
#$1000 #I CAN #Start Now #Savings Goal
by admin | Sep 1, 2015 | Entrepreneurship
You’ve made a courageous decision to start a business but you are still afraid. Fear is a powerful emotion that stops, paralyzes, and even kills businesses along with their visions and dreams.
Whether the fear is real or imagined, not all fears are valid. Fearing to walk down a dark alley at midnight is certainly a valid fear and should not be taken lightly. Fearing to give a speech in front of a small class even though you are fully prepared, is not necessarily valid.
There are many that fear failure because of past experiences or because they feel that they just don’t measure up. These feelings can easily spill over into your business.
In the following are 7 ways to beat fear so that you can successfully move your business forward.
1. Know what you’re getting into: Most fears are based on the unknown but if you understand what you are embarking upon, then your fear will lessen. Research the pros and cons of your business endeavor and then make a list of each. Also research solutions for potential problems that may arise so that you’re not taken by surprise. There’s no such thing as a trouble free business but your preparedness will make things a lot easier.
2. Don’t reinvent the wheel: Follow the patterns of other successful entrepreneurs in your arena. If a healthy diet is part of their success regimen, then implement a healthy diet. If getting up at 4am is part of their success regimen, then implement getting up at 4am. Follow their patterns and what they did to get to where they are. If they did it, then so can you.
3. Face it: What is the worst thing that could happen? What do we have to fear except for fear itself? What do you have to lose? Money? Pride? If you have answered any of those questions, prepare a detailed plan B in case of unexpected events. This will cause you to feel more confident about what you are doing. Also, set up or revamp your business to limit the extent of your personal liability.
4. Believe in Something Bigger Than Yourself: Believe that something or someone bigger is leading you and helping you to succeed. Find the core of your spirituality and rest in it. Call on the creator for guidance and the way will be shown to you. Change your focus from fear to faith by realizing that you don’t have to do this alone.
5. Vision Board Your Success: Alter your current feelings of fear and failure with a vision of success. Create a poster board of success photos. What are your desires as an entrepreneur? Post pictures of desired clients, desired revenue, desired appointments, desired locality, etc. After your board is finished, meditate on these desires at least 15 minutes a day. This practice will cause your fear to be replaced with faith.
6. Keep Things in Order: Make sure your business is organized. Do you have insurances in place, maintenance on deck, emergency paperwork in tact, a financial cushion, a trusted chain of command, etc.? Not having things in order will certainly keep you up at night and cause you to be fearful.
7. Eliminate Procrastination: Putting tasks off until later will cause feelings of fear to get out of control. Often, people procrastinate because they are afraid of the discomfort that the task at hand may cause. They hope the matter will go away or take care of itself if they just wait a bit longer. Fear says “Turn away, don’t do it.” Faith says “Go ahead. Take care of it. It will be alright.”
Remember, you are a powerful being with the ability to manage your fears and your emotions. In spite of how you may feel, your success is in your consistency to move forward.
Cheryl Lynn Smith
IMpowerment & INcrease INnovator
by admin | Sep 1, 2015 | Affirmations, Entrepreneurship
For continued success, being a confident business woman is a necessity, not a choice. It takes confidence, strong self-esteem, and faith to have your own business. Some people are born with these attributes while others have to work at it. The following is a list of things to encourage you and help you move forward.
Believe: Believe that everything you need is already inside you. Without faith or belief, it’s impossible to do anything. Real faith means to keep moving forward, even if your steps are very small. Belief is never still or stagnant. It is steadily and constantly moving toward the goal. If you are fearful, acknowledge the fear, face it, and keep moving. In spite of any challenges that may present themselves, don’t give up or give in. Believe in the entrepreneur that is in you.
Read/Study: Confidence as a business woman comes also comes from knowledge and life experiences. Spend time educating yourself by studying and reading up on your craft. Invest in workshops and seminars that are in your field of interest. It is imperative to keep up with the latest innovations and technology regarding your business. Don’t be afraid to be an expert.
Get In Shape: Some of the most successful people in the world have a regular exercise regimen. If your body is in shape then your mind will be in shape. An increased metabolic heart rate increases blood flow to the brain. It’s so much easier to operate at your business optimum when you are healthy. When you look good then you feel good.
Use Wisdom: Wisdom should be the first, the foremost, the principle thing in your business. It’s hard to be confident if you’re not making wise decisions. When it comes to finances, a new product or client, do your research first. Don’t make decisions under pressure. Be attentive to the still soft voice inside of you. Sometimes you need to get quiet so that you can think it through.
Keep a Positive Environment: Surrounding yourself with positive energy is a must. Distance yourself from negative people and negative situations. It is important to keep your mojo at high levels. You can’t do that with negative energy in your space. We all know that things happen but don’t make it a regular occurrence in your life or business. Use affirmations to build a charge of positivity around you. To help you, get my free book “50 Affirmations for the Successful Business Woman”
Look the Part: Of course, this is a free country and you can dress however you want. If your goal is to be a successful business woman then look like one. Dressing your best does not define you as an individual but it does affect how you feel and how you carry yourself. It is a scientific fact that dressing down helps you to lose your self confidence. Not only does your presentation affect how you view yourself but it also affects how others view you. Appearances DO matter!
Remember…confidence comes from within. Build yourself up from the inside and it will show up on the outside.
Cheryl Lynn Smith
IMpowerment & INcrease INnovator